BOP Stack Safety Upgrades
Post-Macondo BOP safety improvements
Since the Macondo accident Radoil has been working to improve drilling safety by providing practical solutions to help avoid a similar accident or in the event of another accident provide ready ROV access to subsea BOP control systems.
Radoil has designed several BOP components that can be retro-fitted to existing stacks to provide easy ROV belly skid access to all BOP control functions.
- Docking ports that allows 100% control of all BOP stack functions.
- Choke and Kill access to allow a kill line to be lowered from the surface and connected to the kill system within 5 minutes of ROV arrival.
- Ability to retrieve the BOP control pods without pulling the riser.
- Up to 100 gpm operation of shear rams and accumulators.
- Once the BOP stack is in the water additional accumulators or an acoustic control system can be added by mounting outside the stack frame.
- Wellhead or Lower Marine Riser Package connectors with no tendency to release and with mechanically set preloads.
- Internal drilling riser centralizer to avoid drill pipe keyseating inside the BOP stack.
- Shearable Drill Collars to allow a heavy shearable pipe when the drill collars are inside the BOP stack
- A non-latching Choke & Kill connector that does not impart huge moments on the LMRP connector when pressured